Please note that this entire website is always a work in progress. Excuse fragmented sentences, broken links, etc.
I'm Vishnu Rachakonda.
Some of the questions I think a lot about (Feynman style) are below.
I’m motivated to learn about and solve problems in these realms.
Things I think about
- Personal Development: How can I systematically drive positive change in society and in the world while balancing personal responsibilities and relations? In other words, how do you be a good citizen and a good person? How do I improve productivity and time allocation so that I can engage in multiple intellectually diverse and meaningful projects using techniques like deep work? How I build a life that is fun, meaningful, fulfilling, challenging, and financially rewarding? How do I adopt process over specific goals and avoid passivity along the way? How do I live intentionally?
- TechBio, Healthcare AI, Value-based care: What fundamental advances and trends in medicine, biology, and computer science are maturing to the point that they are commercially viable and applicable to saving lives in the near future? What are examples of companies that have successfully built out an interesting business model at this intersection and have actually helped patients? How can current and future initiatives change the structure of healthcare delivery to solve the problems of cost, quality, and access we face now and ensure improvements to human health? How do we ensure that healthcare is not a barrier to health through the effective application of data and technology? What is techbio? How is techbio becoming a reality?
- Entrepreneurship and Business: What are the best ways to build a long-lasting, technology-based business that balances cultural, product, engineering, and financial success? How do you lead by example, and not title? How do you thoughtfully layer technology into a business model?
- Data-Intensive + Machine Learning Systems Engineering: What does effective software development look like for data and machine learning? How is developing with data becoming more like software development? Where does it differ? How does this impact the kinds of products and business that can be built? How do you design data and ML systems to become more like software systems; specifically, how do they become more scalable, reliable, and maintainable? How do you build machine learning systems for production use cases? How do you build scalable machine learning systems? What fundamental changes in data engineering are enabling new, better businesses? How do you build a culture that effectively creates technology? What is MLOps? How do you build ML infrastructure?
- Leadership: How do you lead teams? How do you manage people to success? How do you lead and manage teams and people well to get the most out of them? What is the difference between leadership and management?
- Foreign affairs, political science, political economy: I am particularly interested in India. How can India's adjust its political economy over the next 20-30 years to create inclusive prosperity as technology, economics, and social pressures evolve? foreign affairs and history. military history. china.
- “the glib, one-sided conversation about India often encountered in think tanks and corporate boardrooms.”—Milan Vaishnav → I like this quote
- Higher Education: How can we create a market-driven, student-centric alternative higher education models to adapt to the changes of 21st century economics and technology?
- Investing and Personal Finance: How do I optimally earn, save, and invest to grow my wealth?
- Learning and Teaching: How do you ingest and structure knowledge to learn most effectively?How can you use that to teach others?
- Lifestyle: How do I develop a reading practice? How do I assemble a fun, inventive, interesting, creative wardrobe?